Welcome to the website of the Anglican Parish of St Stephen and St Mary
383 High Street Road, Mount Waverley, 3149, Victoria, Australia.
We welcome you to join our Christian Community – please have a look around our website for information on the various activities – and if you can’t find what you are looking for, please contact us.
Parish Centre Office hours:
Tuesday 9.30am – 2.30pm
Thursday 9.30am – 2.30pm
Friday 9.30am – 2.30pm
Except Public Holidays
Advent and Christmas 2018
As we wait the arrival of the Christ child we invite you to join with us. You are welcome, as are your family and friends
- Tuesday 25-Dec 9:00am: Christmas Day
- Monday 24-Dec 5.00pm: Family service with Contemporary congregation
- Monday 24-Dec 11.00pm: Midnight Mass with Choral music
- Sunday 16-Dec 5.00pm: Carol Service with Choral music
Special arrangements apply after Christmas.
- Sunday 30th-Dec 9.00am: Combined worship
- Sunday 6th-Jan 9.00am: Combined worship
We usually worship at the following times:
- 7:45am: Holy Communion, Book of Common Prayer (BCP) – a traditional service which lasts around 45 minutes
- 9:00am: Sung Eucharist (SE) uses ‘A Prayer Book for Australia’ and the service is accompanied by the choir: around 60 minutes
- 10:30am: Contemporary Eucharist (CE) is a less formal service and includes activities for children and runs for around 60 minutes.
- Tuesday 9:15am: Morning Prayer (Counselling Room)
- Wednesday 9.00am: Morning Prayer
- Thursday 10:00am: Eucharist
- Friday 9.00am: Morning Prayer
You are warmly invited to join us for any of these services.
Each of the three Sunday services is different – come along and see which one is right for you.
Every few months, we have a joint service where all congregations come together: these are generally followed by a shared lunch and a time to get to know each other.
There are four reserved disabled car spaces directly behind the old church, with easy entrance into the church and Parish Centre through the orange door.
There is dedicated space at the front of the church itself for scooters and wheelchairs if needed. An approved accessible toilet is available.
There is a hearing loop in the church. Please ask for assistance if needed.
If you have any questions or need other assistance, please give us a call on 9807 3168.
We acknowledge the Wurundjeri people as the traditional owners of the land on which the church of St Stephen is built.
The plaque shown here was installed in February 2010, showing an eagle which is the symbol of the Wurundjeri people, and the words:
“In the spirit of reconciliation, this Parish acknowledges the Wurundjeri people as the traditional custodians of this land.”
How to find us
Below are Google Street view images to assist you in finding your way to our church.